St Brelade’s Bay Fitness Limited, “Fitness First Jersey” (referred to as “Fitness First”, “we” or “us”) for the purpose of this notice, are the data controllers and we are pleased to provide you with the following Privacy Notice. We are working hard to serve members a little better every day. Looking after the personal data you share with us is a hugely important part of this. We want you to be confident that your data is safe and secure with us and understand how we use it to offer you a better and more personalised experience.
Personal Data we Collect:
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, receive, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, examples of which we have listed below:
● First, maiden and last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
● Contact data including home address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers.
● Financial data including bank account and payment card details.
● Transaction data including details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
● Membership details, your purchases of our services, your classes and other bookings, your interests, preferences, notes of your interactions with us, feedback and survey responses.
● Usage data includes information about how you use our health club, products, services and website.
● Marketing and communications data including your preference in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not collect any Special Category data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) unless it is volunteered by you, for example in connection with your use of our personal training services.
How and Why We Use Personal Data:
This section explains in detail how and why we use personal data. In order to collect and process personal data about you we need to have a lawful basis. The main Lawful bases we rely on includes consent (where you have given permission), contract (where processing is necessary for the administration of your membership) and our “legitimate interests” (where processing is in the interest of our company and we believe you would have a reasonable expectation for us to do this).
We collect and receive personal data from you through your interactions with us, including through:
● You may give us your identity, contact and financial data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This incudes personal data you provide when you:
– Join us as a member;
– Purchase or make bookings for our services;
– Enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
– Contact us (whether by post, phone, email or otherwise) or provide us with feedback.
● Your usage of our health club and services.
● Identity and contact details from your employer (if you are a corporate member) or other membership intermediary (DW Fitness First UK membership)
To monitor the safety of our premises in order to prevent and detect crime and anti-social behaviour.
We record images using CCTV both inside and outside our health club in order to protect our business, the local community, members and staff. Clear signs are displayed to show its use and images recorded will be retained for a period of 30 days from recorded date. These images will be disclosed to third parties only in the event of criminal activity on the premises, a formal request by a law enforcement agency or for internal investigations.
If you are using one of our social media pages, please remember that our page is provided via social media platform sites, such as Facebook, which has its own functionality, terms and privacy policies. Please ensure you have read these carefully and have checked your own personal settings to ensure you are happy with how your information will be used by the social media site. Our social media pages may make use of these functions, but we do not control them and are not responsible for them. We will not assume responsibility for data shared or the responsibilities of a data controller, that responsibility will remain with the social media provider. Fitness First Jersey will monitor the social media site on occasion and, as soon as practically possible, any inappropriate entries will be removed.
Sharing personal data with third parties:
We may on occasions pass your Personal Information to third parties exclusively to process on our behalf. Fitness First Jersey requires these parties to agree to process this information based on our instructions and requirements consistent with this Privacy Notice.
We do not pass on information gained from your engagement with us without a clear legal basis for doing so. However, Fitness First Jersey may disclose your Personal Information to meet legal obligations, regulations or valid governmental request.
Members of Fitness First Jersey will have their personal data transferred to a main server located in the United Kingdom. This data will be available to any of the DW Fitness First Health Clubs located throughout the UK. This is to allow you access to our wide range of Health Clubs and use your membership to its full potential.
We may also enforce our Terms and Conditions, including investigating potential violations of our Terms and Conditions to detect, prevent or mitigate fraud or security or technical issues; or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of our premises, Staff, you as our client and/or the wider community.
How do we protect personal data?
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
● We apply physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data.
● We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it.
● We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption to keep this data safe.
● We only authorise access to employees and trusted partners who need it to carry out their responsibilities.
● We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
● We will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you; and
● We will reveal only the last four digits of your payment card number when confirming an order.